Friday, May 1, 2015

Carolina, Home Sweet Home

Wow! In a few short days I will be all packed up and leaving this amazing place. This past year at Chapel Hill was more than I could have even dreamed of. The people, adventures, lessons and opportunities have been out of this world. God has been so faithful and I know all these blessings came from Him.

  • He blessed me beyond belief.
  • He healed me from things I never though I would be healed from. 
  • He surrounded me with the greatest friends.
  • He turned those friends into my family. 
  • He drew me closer to Him.
  • He showed me who I am in Him. 
  • He challenged me and taught me how to depend on Him. 
Yes..there were many difficult times this past year, but God was faithful through them all.

I want to thank all my friends here at Chapel Hill for making this one of the best years of my life.


  • Thanks for your constant encouragement and support during stressful days. Like when I slept through an exam and was freaking out. lol 
  • Thanks for giving me a shoulder to cry on (even though I only cried twice) and letting me just vent and ramble on and on about stuff that did not make sense. 
  • Thanks for showing me how wonderful, delicious and heavenly COOKOUT is. 
  • Thanks for teaching me how to shag. 
  • Thanks for helping me discover my hidden talent of riding a mechanical bull.
  • Thanks for singing and worshipping Jesus with me every Tuesday night @ TNW. 
  • Thanks for showing my tastebuds great southern food like fried oreos.
  • Thanks for laughing at my jokes (or pretending to)... but more like not judging me when I laugh at my own jokes. 
  • Thanks for being spontaneous and doing fun things like ice skating, sledding down skipper bowles dr. during a snow storm, Turkey Bowl football game, hiking, enoing, almost winning IM basketball (steph curry with da shot boi), ding dong ditching DKE, running a 1k in ridiculous outfits, Mapleview ice cream, biking around Chapel Hill, game nights, frisbee on the quad, basketball pick up games, CL every Tuesday (skits that made me snort like no other) and getting BAPTIZED.
  • Thanks for all the great times that were not planned, photographed or centered around a big event. Those are the little memories that mean the most. 
  • Thanks for being extremely weird, silly, goofy, jesus loving, joyful, fun and caring people. You guys are my people. 
  • Most importantly though, thank you for showing me God's love all the time. Thank you for pushing me towards Him. Thank you for being my brothers and sisters in Christ.
It is crazy to think I have only known my friends here for less than a year, but that just proves that strong and loving friendships have nothing to do with how long you have known the person. I am going to miss this beautiful place and all the wonderful people that make it "home" so much this summer, but I am beyond thankful to have something so special that makes saying goodbye this hard. Love you all. Thank you for everything. 
But the real one to thank is our #1. God, Jesus & the Holy Spirit. 
Love you fam. 
"Every good and perfect gift is from above" ~ James 1:17












 "Teach me your way, Lord,

    that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
    that I may fear your name.
I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart;
    I will glorify your name forever."

Psalm 86:11-12







"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us" -Ephesians 3:20





"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."
Ephesians 1:3

"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
~Psalm 139:23-24~

No comments:

Post a Comment